This kit contains the following non-prescription products
SkinHappy Solution #4:
- Helps reverse sun damage, fight blemishes, encourage new collagen formation, prevent unwanted pigmentation, improve skin tone and tightness, and protect against skin cancer, with a custom blend of complex vitamins A, B, C, and E.
- Vitamin A is the heavy hitter, protecting, preserving, and restoring skin health through multiple pathways and directly influencing the DNA and subsequent function of all skin cells.
- Vitamin B3 works to provide energy to skin cells to do work, but also calms skin, repairs the barrier, and helps build collagen. We use a lipid-friendly version of B3 in our formula to allow it to effectively penetrate skin.
- Vitamin C is required in the formation of collagen at 2 different areas in the formation of this complicated molecule; in addition, vitamin C works to release unwanted pigmentation from skin, as well as function as a powerful antioxidant. We use a lipid-friendly version of vitamin C in our formula to allow it to effectively penetrate skin.
- Vitamin E can help moisturize and repair skin cells; it also functions as an effective antioxidant.
- The SH Solution series is designed to be gentle;yet powerful and can be used in even the very young, starting as young as 2 years old, in conjunction with a broad-spectrum sunblock. Much like using fluoride in conjunction with brushing and flossing early on to prevent tooth decay, it's always been Dr. Kenner's philosophy to protect with sunblock and repair with retinoid on an ongoing basis to prevent sun damage accumulating along the way.
BHA Leave-On Exfoliating Lotion: A deep pore cleansing and exfoliating treatment can work wonders. For oily, problematic skin, this is a necessary step towards balancing sebum levels. Using an oil-soluble active significantly improves exfoliation, a pivotal step in helping problematic skin. This BHA Leave-On Exfoliating Lotion is a special oil-free, water-based, gel moisturizer that takes advantage of the oil-soluble properties of Salicylic Acid, providing exceptional deep cleaning and skin exfoliating experience. Salicylic Acid is a chemical exfoliating agent and powerful Beta Hydroxy Acid that dislodges dead and damaged skin cells. It also lifts excess oil from clogged and infected skin pores. Formulated in a soothing, moisturizing, and protective Seaweed Extract, this incredible ingredient provides hydrating, conditioning, and smoothing benefits to equalize the exfoliation process. This engaging lotion can be left on the skin to work its wonders all day long to reduce sebum and keep pores clean.
- Encapsulated .5 Retinol: description here
In the morning:
Cleanse face with Beta Hydroxy Purifying Cleanser or an over-the-counter gentle cleansing product; be sure not to scrub the skin. Mix together the SkinHappy Solution # 4 Gentle Retinoid Repair Serum and BHA Leave on Gel, and apply all over, not just on acne lesions. Then apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen. For our acne patients, we strongly suggest the Elta 46 product. Reapply mid-day if needed. You may also wish to purchase the Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation, which not only provides blemish coverage and added sun protection, but will actually help heal your acne. Enjoyed by both women and men.
In the evening:
Cleanse face with Beta Hydroxy Purifying Cleanser or an over-the-counter gentle cleansing product; be sure not to scrub the skin. Mix together the SkinHappy Solution # 4 Gentle Retinoid Repair Serum and BHA Leave-on Gel, and apply all over, not just on acne lesions. Then apply the Encapsulated .5 Retinol Complex to acne-prone areas. Use a moisturizer if needed, such as the SkinHappy Intense Recovery Cream or over-the-counter Cerave PM
If you would like to speed the removal of the brown spots left where the acne was, we suggest using the SkinHappy 4-Hexyresorcinol Lightening Gel, morning and evening
Note: Cleanser, sunscreen, moisturizer, and lightening gel to be purchased separately.
If you feel you need prescription level care for your acne, please go to our website for online medical diagnosis and treatment: skinhappy.com